The Graduate Employees Union is disgusted by the bigoted, destructive and nonsensical Executive Order barring refugees and citizens of select Muslim countries from entering the US. Our members include refugees, Iranians, Syrians, Somalis, Sudanese, Libyans, Iraqis and children of immigrants from 100 countries. We know we are stronger together, and reject hatred based on race, religion, or national origin.
If you are worried about how this order may affect you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help provide you with support and information.
- Talk with students and colleagues. Make sure they know we have their backs, that we will support them, that we will listen to them, and that we will not betray them.
- Join Academics United as we support and celebrate our diverse international campuses and communities on Thursday, February 9 from 12:00PM – 1:00PM at the Rock. This rally is part of a nationwide series of campus demonstrations that will be held simultaneously in a dramatic illustration of our widespread support for immigrants, international visitors, and refugees on our campuses and in our communities. Click here for more details.
- Join the GEU in addressing the MSU Board of Trustees to talk about was to make our campus safer in light of changing federal policies. We will meet at the GEU office at 6:00PM on Wednesday, February 15 to coordinate strategies for addressing the Board of Trustees at the regularly scheduled meeting on Friday, February 17. If you would like to address the Board, or if you would like to provide a message to be read by another GEU member please email GEU at email@example.com.
- Join or donate to the American Civil Liberties Union to help them bring legal challenges against discriminatory activities resulting from the Executive Order and follow them on Twitter to stay up to date on their progress.
- Call your Member of Congress and tell them to stop this ban based on National Origin & Religious Beliefs.
- Sign on to the Academics Against Immigration Executive Order letter and share it with colleagues.
- Check in frequently with your favorite news sources to keep informed about this developing story. The MSU College of Law Immigration Clinic will be posting updated information on executive orders as they are verified here.